The Naloxone Program allows community members access to and allows for treatment of those that have overdosed on opioid drugs with the use of Naloxone (Narcan). The program is funded by a grant from the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute.
• Signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose
• Good Samaritan Law
• Useof Narcan (naloxone) to reverse an overdose
• Reportingand follow up
Opioid Use Impacts:
• All socioeconomic
• All ages, all races,all sexes
• All regions- urban,rural, and suburban
• People who use opioids for pain control
• Young people who are experimenting or have drugdependence
Opioid abuse has become a public health epidemic. Call the Wyoming County Department of Health to schedule a confidential one-on-one training, and receive an Overdose Rescue Kit. Community and group trainings are also available.